Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to the classroom

One thing I failed to mention in my last post was that, while I did quit teaching full-time, I have continued to teach online through Texas Virtual School Network/Pasadena Virtual School. I enjoy doing that. It is way more laid back and only takes up about 2 hours of my week- not to mention zero need for discipline!!! Hallelujah! I can definitely see myself doing it long term, as it is excellent extra $$ with out the extra hours.

I am contemplating getting my masters. I have more free time now, and still have $$ in my college fund. I would want to get my degree 100% online though. Texas Tech has a good online program for a masters degree in instructional technology. It would pair nicely with teaching online, and I think would be extremely interesting. I'd like to do some curriculum writing for TxVSN, and think this would be an excellent training to do so. Just some thoughts though. Not sure if I'm ready for due dates again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment